Proud Birds and Medieval Flair Salt Mine and Hohenwerfen Castle
Flanked by high mountains, Hohenwerfen Castle is enthroned majestically on a steep rocky outcropping. For more than 900 years, this medieval fortification has stood watch over the Salzach River Valley; due to its exposed location, it also served as a prison in former times. Even one of the "salt princes" sat in a dungeon at Hohenwerfen Castle for a while. Though those dark times are long past.
If, after your group has visited the Salt Mine, you allow your eyes to rise to this imposing castle fortification, rather than prisoners, you will be treated to the sight of examples of astonishing feathered beauty: You see, Hohenwerfen Castle is also home to the historic State Falconer. During one of the flight shows, you will be able to marvel at these proud hunters of the sky. Plus, during the castle tour itself there is much to be discovered - weapons, museums, arrow slits and magnificent views.
The group package "Salt Mine & Hohenwerfen Castle" includes
- "Miners' Welcome" with bread, salt and schnapps
- Admission and guided tour of the salt mine (duration: ca. 80 minutes)
- Admission to the Celtic Village next to the salt mine
- Admission to the Celtic Museum in Hallein
- Reducted tariff to the Silent Night Museum in Hallein
- Admission incl. tour at Hohenwerfen Castle
- Admission to the State Falconer incl. bird-of-prey show
- Admission to the falconry museum and exhibitions
Price for 20 or more people:
33.50 EUR per adult (every 21st person free)
19.50 EUR per child
(there is an additional charge if you ride up to the castle by lift)
No more waits for your group: Reserve your group outing with our Hallein Salt Mine Team and don't waste a single second of your day. You can send your reservation by email direct to email@example.com or phone us at +43 6132 200 8511. In that way, you will begin your day completely relaxed. Just the way it should be.
Already getting excited? Here you can enjoy a few first impressions of medieval Hohenwerfen Castle. We look forward to seeing you soon here at the Salt Mine!