- Duration of the tour: about 70 minutes underground.
- Total duration (excluding the Celtic Village): about 1.5 hours.
- Group size: maximum of 54 persons. When divided into two groups, the next tour starts about 15 minutes later.
- Clothing for the mine: the temperature is a constant 10°C; sturdy footwear and warm clothing are therefore required.
- Admission to children from 4 years of age only.
The hard and dangerous work below ground has always united miners into a close-knit community. As a group (e.g. as part of a firm or club excursion), follow the trail along a 2500-year history of success while discovering your own team spirit!
Experience the unique atmosphere of a location that, as long ago as 400 BC, had united the Celts into strong teams of miners, in order to mine the “White Gold” in the kilometre-long tunnels.
Learn how the enterprising Archbishop Wolf Dietrich von Raitenau (1559-1617), using the innovative technique of wet mining, was able to extract a huge amount of precious salt, and with the extra money gained, developed Salzburg into a magnificent Baroque city (today an UNESCO World Heritage site).
Deprivation and human fate are also inseparable from the power of the “White Gold” and can be felt to this day in the old tunnels. The group experience begins with the ride together into the mountain and continues rapidly down wooden slides into long-forgotten worlds.
Our current group offers:
We plan the complete day’s programme for you! This way you save time and have a single contact partner to answer all your questions. All the invoicing goes simply through one office.
- All-weather programme for young and old
- Standard multilingual tours (G/E/I) without surcharge
- No long waiting times with the pre-booking system
- Includes the “Salt Mine Guides” in various languages
- Audio guides in various languages
- Convenient drop-off – free coach-parking spaces in the immediate vicinity
- A variety of tours
- Special tours by appointment
- Additional attractions at Hallein Salt Mine: Salt World shop and bistros, Celtic Village, Celtic Museum in Hallein, exhibitions etc.
Here you find all necessary information: download