Useful Info at a Glance
Knowledge adds spice to your life. During our “Subterranean Classroom”, students experience a truly exciting day out of school – with educational benefits to last a lifetime.
So that you can plan your "Subterranean Classroom" perfectly, on this page we have compiled important information and the most frequently asked questions for you. Have even more questions or do you need assistance in planning the details of your school trip? The team here at Hallein Salt Mine is always here for you.
Before getting started: Useful information at a glance
- For what age group is the "Subterranean Classroom" intended? The themes addressed in the "Subterranean Classroom" are ideal for children ages 6 to 15.
- How long does the full program last? The "Subterranean Classroom" lasts about 1.5 hours – not including a visit to Salina Celtic Village on the Dürrnberg.
- How long does the tour take? A guided tour part of the "Subterranean Classroom" takes around 70 minutes.
- How many people can participate in the "Subterranean Classroom" at the same time? In order to give you and your group optimal attention, we limit group size to 54 people. If groups are divided up, the subsequent group begins their tour about 15 to 30 minutes later. Our tip: Use the time while you are waiting to visit SALINA Celtic Village - this authentic replica of a Celtic village is located right next to the Salt Mine itself.
- What else should we be aware of Temperatures inside Altaussee Salt Mine are a relatively constant 10 degrees Celsius. Which means, regardless of the weather or season, the mine is always rather cool. In other words, you and your pupils should wear warm clothing as well as a pair of sturdy shoes. Do that and nothing more will stand in the way of a totally relaxed visit to our mine!
Information for Teachers
Now is the perfect opportunity to make reservations for your school class, guaranteeing you will be able to schedule your trip at the time that works best for you. With no stress and no waiting in line. Contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +43 61 32 200 8511 to register your class with the Salt World Team. We look forward to hearing from you.