Group Travel: Useful Information at a Glance
How long does a guided tour take? How old do children have to be in order to go on a mine tour? Is there free bus parking right next to the Salt Mine? On this page, we have compiled answers to all of your questions relating to your group travel needs - clearly and concisely.
Before getting started: Useful information at a glance
- How long does a guided tour take? The tour below ground takes about 90 minutes. When you are scheduling your visit, you should assume that your total stay will be at least 2.5 hours.
- How many people are allowed to take part in a tour? In order to provide you and your group with optimal service, we restrict groups to a maximum of 70 people per tour.
- Can children take part in the tour? We are more than happy to introduce children ages 4 and up to this fascinating subterranean world.
- What else should we be aware of? Temperatures inside the Hallein Salt Mine are a relatively constant 8 degrees Celsius. Which means, regardless of the weather or season, the mine is always rather cool. In other words, you should wear warm clothing as well as a pair of sturdy shoes. Do that and nothing more will stand in the way of a totally relaxed visit to our mine!
- I'm a bus driver - where can I park? You are required to book a bus slot online at www.hallstatt-parking.com. Without a bus slot, you will not be allowed to drive into Hallstatt. Unfortunately, it is not possible for buses to drive to the Salzwelten itself. LETTING PASSENGERS ON/OFF THE BUS: at the TERMINAL only.
Quick and easy: Now's the perfect time to request a no-obligation offer for your group, your business or your club. We would be glad to make you a personal offer that you can browse through at your own pace, and we are always available to answer all of your questions.