Prices & Opening Times at Salzburg Salt Mine
Are you looking for the prices and opening times for Salzwelten Salzburg?
Right now, not a single (salt)stone has been left standing on another at our Salt Mine! In the course of a six-month remodeling phase, the hard-working miners of Salinen Austria AG are breathing a whole new soul into the Dürrnberg salt mine. But by April 2021, they will have finished putting a fine new sheen on all the salt crystals and you will be able to find the most important information for your visit to our fascinating excursion destination in Salzburger Land right here!
Our Prices: everything you need to know at a glance
Here you will find a clear overview of admission prices for Salzburg Salt Mine. Whether you prefer to enjoy the salt mine alone or with your whole family, with a tour group or a school class - on this page, we have compiled complete pricing information. And thanks to our practical online ticketing system, all the fascination of the salt mines is just one click away!
|Children (ages 4-15, under 4 not permitted)||€ 15.00|
|2 adults + 1 child||€ 61.50|
|2 adults + 2 children||€ 73.50|
|Singles ticket (e.g. 1 adult + 1 child)||€ 31.00|
|Each additional child (with family or singles ticket)||€ 12.00|
|Seniors (with ID)||€ 27.00|
|Students (with ID)||€ 27.00|
|Groups of 20 or more (every 21st person free)||€ 27.00|
|School groups WITHOUT registration (every 11th pupil free)||€ 15.00|
|School groups WITH registration (every 11th pupil free)||€ 12.00|
Opening Times of Salzburg Salt Mine
September 2020 - April 2021
|From April 2021||OPEN|
(Subject to change)
Prices & Opening Times: everything at a glance
- Payment options: You may pay for your salt mine tickets in cash, by credit card, ATM or EC-Card.
- Length of tour: Our tours take about 80 minutes.
- Before the tour: Please plan to arrive a little ahead of your actual tour time. We expect to see you at the ticket window about 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
- Age restrictions: We are happy to welcome children ages 4 and up at the salt mine. Please be aware that younger children are not permitted to ride into the mountain.
- Animals may not be taken into the mountain.
- Wheelchairs: We regret that the tunnels in the mine are not wheelchair-accessible.
- Tour distance: During the tour, you will cover a distance below ground of about 1.5 km, so be sure you are comfortable walking that distance on foot.
- Other things you should know: For safety reasons, the mine may only be entered as part of a guided tour. The temperature inside the mountain is a relatively constant 10 degrees Celsius. For this reason, and to make your visit to the salt mine more comfortable, we recommend wearing warm clothing and sturdy shoes regardless of the weather or time of year.
The Salzwelten Audio Guide App
Before beginning the tour of the salt mine, we suggest downloading the “Salzwelten Audio Guide” app to your smartphone or tablet, which will enable you to enjoy the tour in your own native language – it’s quick, easy and, above all, FREE!
Available in these languages: D / E / I / F / SLO / CZ / SK / H / RU / JAP / Mandarin / ES / AR / HEB
Thanks to our free Wi-Fi, you can also download the app once you are here.